In 2010, the UN General assembly designated the first week of February as World Interfaith Harmony Week. In line with this proclamation, please join us February 1 to celebrate the New Year in a special ceremony designed to release the hardships and limitations of the past and to plant the seeds of hope and peace.
Friday, February 1, 2013
6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Year End Introduction by Rev. Ron Miyamura
- Buddhist Ringing of the Bell
- Sharing New Year Practices from Diverse Traditions
- *Presenters followed by participants
- New Year Flower Release
- Toshi Koshi Soba Noodles and refreshments
This event has been designed by members of the Sacred Spaces 2013 Downtown Chicago group and is open to the public.